Friday, November 14, 2008

Miller's Bakery

During my visit to Ohio in October, I visited Miller's Bakery. It was the BEST bakery that I have ever been to in my life. I don't know how in the world we found it. We traveled on roads that seemed only wide enough for an Amish buggie. Miller's Bakery is in Amish country in Millersburg near Charm. As you walk in the door, there are bags of homemade noodles of all kinds, different types of flour, spices, pastries, cakes, homemade fresh bread, candy, donuts, and much more. I got two cookies and I'll never forget how great they were. They were huge, soft, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious made-with-love cookies. They were about four inches across and a half an inch thick. There were a great variety of different kinds of cookies and they all looked delicious. Miller's Bakery is the example to point to when someone says "if you build it, they will come." It was crowded and it's worth the trip.

Miller's Bakery is open on Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are closed on Sundays. The phone number is 330-473-8175. The address is 4280 TR 356 in Millersburg, Ohio 44654. It is located off SR 557 near Charm.

Visit Miller's Bakery and eat a couple of cookies for me. If you love a great bakery, you'll be happy you went to Miller's Bakery. It's worth traveling the extra miles because you sure aren't going to find better baking anywhere.

No comments: