Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Early to Rise

I subscribe to a daily success e-mail called Early to Rise. Yesterday it taught me something I wish I had learned years ago. Most people have learned this a long time ago. I think this is the one reason why I haven't accomplished what I could have accomplished in life. The writer of the article said that he has never missed a single writing deadline in 30 years.

The lesson is simply this--finish what you start. If you have a deadline, don't let anything stop you from finishing and meeting the deadline. That's it. Simple.

Throughout the years, I have let life and anything that comes up to take priority over my dreams and goals. My husband has been so sick so I stop everything to tend to him. If my kids are coming, I'll drop everything to get ready for them to make things nice for them. I have to do this but I also have to finish my writing goals and deadlines even if it means staying up all night.

I am interested in so many things that it is easy to get distracted by this great project or that great project. I have to keep centered on what I need to do to move my writing goals forward and keep focused on them.

I am printing out this great lesson. I will work hard from now on to outline what I now need to get done. Create timelines for when everything should be finished. Record deadlines. Make sure that I finish everything on time.

I want to win too. I need to work harder and work smarter. I need to not let anything stop me from being who I am and who I have the potential to be.

No comments: