Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kidney Transplants

I recently attended a 3 1/2 hour kidney class--everything you ever want to know about kidneys and more. It was interesting and I learned a lot. One of the topics was kidney transplants.

I don't believe it is right to ask people to give you a kidney if you need one. I would never do it myself and I wouldn't want to be part of the process. Everyone needs their kidneys and it isn't right to ask someone to give up one. If someone wants to be a donor after they are dead, that's a different story.

I'm grateful that we have President Obama in the White House. He's a great guy, brilliant, and he believes in stem cell research which is the answer for patients who need a kidney transplant. Stem cells can be used to create kidneys. It's been done and they can start turning out kidneys by the thousands once the green light is given.

No comments: