Thursday, June 22, 2006

Alsea Bounty of Art

Last Saturday the Alesa Public Library held an art festival showcasing the local talent. I wanted to take a quick peek near the end of the day when they were taking down the art and I saw an amazing variety of talent. They are having another Bounty of Art here in Alsea in October and it is worth coming with money in your pockets.

I saw everything from creative felted hats and scarves to fine crafted wood furniture. There was a large selection of handmade soaps and candles that are perfect for gifts on any occasion. I saw exquisite floral paintings and photography of local landscapes that would be perfect for any wall in your home. I saw a large selection of hand-made quilts. There were Native American wood carvings, puzzles, and spoons. One of the puzzles that caught my eye was in the shape of a large frog. To top it all off there were delicious baked goods.

Next October I need to make sure I have money in my pockets to buy the Bounty of Art in Alsea.

No comments: