Friday, June 02, 2006

Author Within

I critiqued a young adult YA novel manuscript for Joan Stradling, a gifted writer, a couple of weeks ago. It was a quick read, a page-turner, a manuscript that you didn't want to put down because you wanted to see what would happen next. Joan has a winner on her hands. A fantasy adventure that is masterfully crafted to take the reader into the story.

Joan is a master storyteller. Her description takes the reader into the story with sensory details and the pacing of an adventure. I'm excited for her success that is to come in the future. I can see many books ahead for her. I'm proud to have had the opportunity to read her manuscript. Congratulations, Joan! I look forward to seeing it in bookstores and buying a copy.

Her blog is at http://authorwithin.blogspot.com

1 comment:

justJoan said...

Awe, thanks! You're too kind. :-)