Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Weight Watcher Wednesday

I gained a pound this week. The meeting was inspirational. Nancy is a great leader who encourages everyone. I like her. Today one of my WW friends has lost 40 pounds. She's inspirational to everyone.

Today I went to the athletic club and did 60 minutes on the ellilptical runner and 30 minutes in the pool. Yesterday I did 60 minutes elliptical runner, 10 minutes weights, 5 minutes NuStep, and 20 minutes in the pool. That's it. Nothing else all week. I'm not consistent with exercise. I only like to exercise at the gym and it's 45 minutes away. With the gas prices up so high, it's hard to get there. I would love to be able to exercise there 5 days a week.

Timberhill Athletic Club is the most beautiful gym. It has everything you could want. It's spacious and packed with great equipment of every variety. There's so much for everyone with racketball, tennis, handball, two pools, sauna, spas, steamroom, basketball court, etc. I feel blessed to be able to exercise there. Since I don't have health insurance, I consider my membership as my health prevention insurance. I don't want to give it up because then I wouldn't exercise at all. I learned to swim for the first time about a year and a half ago. Pretty amazing for being over 55! I don't swim fast but I can get back and forth completely on my own without any help or fear of the water. Others zoom past back and forth in the next lanes and I slowly go back and forth. I think some of them can do several laps to my one but I'm having a great time. I love the water and I love the chance to be able to swim. I think I would die inside if I couldn't have this opportunity to swim and be in the deep end. Kind of silly but it's important to me.

Next week they are having special classes on healthy aging. I'm looking forward to learning how to be a healthy 58 year old who wants to stay that way.

No comments: