Friday, March 23, 2007

Cinderella School of Modeling

When I was in high school, I went through a course at Cinderella School of Modeling in Salem to learn from Sue Ferguson, the lady who coaches talent to compete in Miss America, Miss Oregon, and other beauty pageants. I learned a lot from her. She's truly a gem.

Yes, I love dressing up, wearing makeup, and having my hair and nails look just perfect. However, through the years, I had to give up all this because I chose to stay at home with my kids and I didn't have the money to primp. If I ever start to make money again, I will have my nails done, I'll buy make up again, I will have my hair done, and I will buy clothes for ME on sale at Gottschalks. Now there are too many other needs and wants with a higher priority.

1 comment:

ocdfreak said...

I too, went to Cinderella in Salem. Approx. years 1985-1989 before I moved away. I absolutely loved Sue. When I moved away, I actually had to finish up a job that Sue had gotten for me at age 17 for $15 an hour before I could leave. She was always putting me to work! I now live in New Jersey, but think of her & Teresa often. I use the tools I learned from her on a daily basis, other than just the hair & make-up tricks & tips. She put me in a couple pageants, 1 I won, the other I didn't. I made it to Nationals, that's it. I made a lot of friends there & wouldn't trade anything for the experience. It was awesome, I'm glad I got to do it & I hope you got as much out of it as I did!
Heather Atkins