Monday, March 19, 2007

Starting Over

I watched the last episode that I saved on my TiVo of Starting Over last week from last spring. I took my time watching this series since I was taking notes. I filled two looseleaf notebooks with notes on notebook paper. There were many experts on the show with important messages, the life coaches, Rhonda and Iyanla, and Dr. Stan were always saying bits of wisdom. So I took my time.

Where is Starting Over? I have repeatedly searched for it on my TiVo and nothing came up. Each person on the show taught me something about myself. Each pointed to lessons important to learn that are universal. I haven't had common experience with some on the show but everyone deals with life struggles and we all share a common bond.

I applied for the show twice sending in a tape. Maybe kind of silly to some but I saw a great opportunity to learn. I've also sent in a tape to Biggest Loser. This year I applied for Survivor. Yes. Me. Laugh if you want but I did it. I went to Eugene and did the two minute audition tape. I figured I have survived lots of trauma and loss in my life and in 2003, I even walked 18 miles of the Portland Marathon.

Survivor is a great show and I love watching it. I assume I didn't get picked because I wasn't called at the end of February and the first of March. It was fun to think about. Maybe someone that I stood with in line is going to be on the show. That would be nice.

No comments: