Monday, March 12, 2007

Mal-practice in Oregon

I have to chuckle. I justed scanned the Corvallis Gazette Times for a couple of minutes. My husband is reading the paper so I just glanced. Sometimes I think we should get two subscriptions--one for him and one for me.

It says on page A8 in headlines that "Oregon malpractice rates among lowest." I have to laugh because of my own experience. I had two doctors years ago that an attorney in Portland said that I have a clear case of malpractice but he said that no doctor in Oregon will ever testify because they will never practice medicine again.

In another instance with my mother-in-law, a doctor said to my husband that he couldn't discuss the case because if he did, he wouldn't be allowed to practice medicine in Oregon.

One courageous attorney was willing to take our mal-practice case against two fellow good ole boy attorneys until he was stopped in his tracks and shown that he wouldn't practice law if he continued.

So is this a correct assessment of what is going on in Oregon? I think not!

No comments: