Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Silver Scissors Award

I'm so proud that I received my first Silver Scissors Award at work yesterday. I work at Joann Fabrics. It may seem silly to some that this means so much to be recognized for my work but it does. I love working there. It makes me happy. This award makes me feel like I belong, that I'm accepted and appreciated. It means a lot to me.

Everything inside this store is something that I enjoy or want to enjoy in the future. It represents creative fun and nice people walk through the door every day who share in this love of creating something new.

Even if I am tired when I walk through the door, I mentally turn on a switch to become a Joann Girl who works hard, tries to give great service to each guest, and do my best. I love retail and I love my part-time job. I love helping people. It's fun to have the extra money and it's fun to work at a job that I enjoy. I'm grateful. I work with so many nice people and I enjoy every day that I go into work.

I do love to sell merchandise but I need to believe in what I am selling. When I believe in something, I become a walking commercial. Take for example these great Joann Crafting books that have been on sale for only $5. They are an amazing reference book and the original price is $34.99. For only $5, you can afford to buy several to tuck away as a Christmas gift. I didn't figure out the extreme value but it must be at least 300% off. What a savings! What a buy!

So come into Joann Fabrics and Crafts often. Sign up to be on the mailing list so you can receive the great coupons and so you will know about all the great sales. Remember that you always save at Joann Fabrics. Learn about a new hobby and receive help from all the smiling Joann Girls who work at each store. We care and we are there to help you.

No comments: