Monday, August 27, 2012

My Notebook

I created a notebook when I moved to Seattle of all the things I wanted to find here and learn about. I have tabs for Seattle Art Museum, Pacific Science Center, Woodland Park Zoo, Aquarium, mah jongg, roller skating, quilting, Toastmasters, the Symphony, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Broadway plays, knitting, bridge, tennis, 24 Hour Fitness, Hydrofit, Seattle Metro bus system, Weight Watchers, dancing, New Horizons Band. I stuffed the pages with information I found on Google. I couldn't find a New Horizons Band close so that has to be forgotten. I have everything I could want here.

The best part is that when I have been a resident for a year, I can go to the University of Washington and take classes for only $5. I can take two classes a term. It is a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow and I'm looking forward to winter term. I can also take classes at North Seattle Community College--two classes a term. Such a deal. I wish all who wanted to attend could take classes at this price.

I am grateful to live in Seattle. It is the gathering place of the most intelligent people in the United States. They do everything well and I have a lot to learn from the people here. I am excited to be here. I'm grateful. I look forward to living here. Seattle has lots of festivals. Next year I want to watch the pirate ship and the pirates land on Alki Beach. I didn't find out in time which bus would take me there. Parking is at a premium in Seattle so it is much better to go places on the bus. There is also a yearly Norwegian Festival in Ballard. There is so many great events. I'm lucky and blessed to live here.

No comments: