Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Diana Simpson

There is a contest at www.lizclaibornestyle.com/awcontest/ to nominate women who inspire.

Diana Simpson is running for Sheriff in Benton County, Oregon. A strong woman and a leader who stands for integrity and accountability, she has faced strong opposition in a man's world with courage. I spent time in her office listening to her and asking questions about her background. I learned about her commitment to prevention and solving problems in Benton County. Her easy-going manner and strength impressed me. Her background as Undersheriff, in parole and probation, and her commitment to the law made me admire what she stands for. What impressed me the most was her offer to read my mystery novel manuscript and critique it for law enforcement details. She took the time out of her busy schedule to help me and support my efforts. She has come to Alsea twice in the last year to speak to the community, listen to our concerns, and answer questions. Women face special challenges in law enforcement dominated by men. Her commitment to the law, accountability, and integrity is to be admired. These are some of the reasons why I admire Diana Simpson and why I nominated her.

No comments: