Monday, September 04, 2006

Jerry Lewis

Just where is Jerry Lewis this Labor Day? I don't see announcements of a telethon or news about Jerry.

I've always loved Jerry Lewis. He's always been my favorite for all these years. When other kids were oogling over rock stars, I oogled over Jerry Lewis. Yes, I like the Beetles and Rolling Stones but no one comes close to Jerry on my list.

My husband looks like Jerry and that's one of the many reasons why I married Les in addition to his intelligence, integrity, personal courage, and many other attibutes.

Jerry has always made me laugh. He does anything for a laugh. He's the good guy on the screen and the one with the big heart.

Les took me to see Jerry in Portland, Oregon. Jerry starred in Damn Yankies, the Broadway play. I kept my eyes on Jerry throughout from my seat. After it was over, I waited outside and stood in his way so he had to brush past me. It was awesome. They said no one could talk to him so that was it.

I wrote him a letter once but never got an answer or a signed photo.

I would love to see him on stage someday in Las Vegas. He's the draw for me. I've never had the opportunity.

For all the years of telethons and hard work to help kids, Jerry should win some momentous award--like the Nobel Peace Prize for the millions and millions of dollars for muscular dystrophy research. Jerry Lewis is a hero.

I love you, Jerry. I always will. Please get better and listen only to the best doctors.

No comments: