Friday, September 15, 2006

Health Care

Millions of Americans are without health insurance. I am one of them. It's a bit scarey. I deny symptoms and try to prevent problems. I try to eat healthy out of my garden and to exercise.

What does it say when basic care isn't provided? It says that there is no safety net when something goes wrong. It says you are not of value and that you don't matter.

My husband is having problems right now. He suspects a heart condition. When he goes to see a doctor or a nurse, he said they don't use a stethoscope. Why is that? If you don't look for a problem and record evidence, then you can pretend it doesn't exist. Is this what is going on? When one of the millions without insurance keels over, no fault is found. Then there is no evidence of not providing the proper treatment because no problem existed in the first place.

I guess the medical community who is afraid of malpractice law suits have discovered a way to protect their rear end. See no problem. Hear no problem. No evidence. No problem exists. No fault found.

Maybe this is the New No Fault Insurance for the medical community.

No comments: