Friday, September 22, 2006

Wal-Mart

Way to go, Wal-Mart!

Wal-Mart sets the standard.
Wal-Mart does it better.
Wal-Mart has a heart and cares about bringing low prices to those who need help stretching a dollar.

Yesterday, I went into the bedroom to hang up some clothes and my husband was watching Fox News on television. On the news, it said that Wal-Mart is going to test market in one of its Florida retail stores selling generic prescription drugs for $4 to help those in need. Wal-Mart is a leader with compassion.

I watched a couple of television specials about Wal-Mart and was impressed with the business model of efficiency and smooth opperation. The positive energy at its conventions and the drive to keep finding ways to do things better was impressive. My son works for Wal-Mart in Kissimmee, Florida. He tells me about how he sings marketing jingles over the loud speaker to sell his products in the garden department. He enjoys his job and I know he's good at it.

Sam Walton created Wal-Mart to bring low prices to rural America. Alsea, Oregon 97324 is a village of 600 to 1000 people. We are one hour from the coast and 45 minutes away from Corvallis. Alsea needs a Wal-Mart for the jobs, for the low prices, and to create hope. I know I would enjoy a job in the fabric and yarn department. How about it, Wal-Mart? Please come to Alsea.

1 comment:

justJoan said...

Yeah, I'm happy about the lower prescription prices, but I'm sad that they are doing away with the Layaway program. I really liked and used this program (especially at Christmas). Oh well, I guess we can't have it all. ;)