Thursday, October 05, 2006

Garth Stein

Garth Stein is in Eugene, Oregon to speak to writers gathered for a Willamette Writers event tonight. I wanted to go and listen to him. Pitched as one of the best speakers in the northwest about writing, I know that I am missing out. He's going to speak about the "creative process in fiction." He writes novels, screenplays, plays, and directs films. Wow! Evidently he knows Robert Downey Jr., one of my favorite actors with talent off the charts. Downey starred in one of Stein's films that he produced. Robert Downey Jr. played opposite Calista Flockhart for awhile in Ally McBeal, one of my favorite shows.

I dream of the time when I can afford to attend these monthly meetings of Willamette Writers, attend conferences, workshops, and join other writing organizations.

Right now I must suck it up and accept what I can do each day.

I think I'm going to ratchet up the time spent writing every day. I read a bio yesterday for Nora Roberts online. She writes 8 hours everyday and has published as much as 8 to 10 novels in ONE year. How's that for being productive! What an inspiration!

No comments: