Wednesday, January 07, 2009

2009

Here are my 2009 resolutions:
Finish juvenile novel.
Finish copywriting course.
Write 8 hours daily.
Read 4 hours daily.
Read two plus books a week.
Revise NaNoWriMo Novel
Finish cruise mystery
Participate in Script Frenzy in April.
Exercise two hours daily.
Learn at least one new word a day.
Read one hour a day about health and fitness.
Shop a novel every six months.
Donate extra garden vegetables to food bank.
Clean house one hour daily.
Finish quilts for my grandchildren.
Eat small portions.
Garden two hours daily.

I could add to the list. I always do. So far I am not doing everything each day but I will get up each day and keep trying.

In January of 2009, I still have zero friends. I'm deliberately lowering all expectations and concentrating on what I can do and what I have the power to do within my immediate environment.

I found a quote that I printed out and put on the wall near me. I read it in a book. "So you have a void in your life. Welcome to the club. Fill it with work, with accomplishments. Just think about the woman you could be." I wish I had the money to go to writing workshops and conferences but I don't so I must be grateful for the opportunity to write. Maybe something, someday will happen, IF I just keep trying.

So that's what I will concentrate on in 2009...my writing, reading, exercising, gardening, and making things.

I would like to be part of things, to contribute, to be of use, but how is it possible when you lack a support structure and close friends?

I will write everyday. I will finish projects. I will read voraciously. I will learn new things. I will work hard to improve myself each day and to start each new day with gratitude for what I do have.

No comments: