Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brothers and Sisters

One of my favorite television shows is Brothers and Sisters on ABC starring Sally Field and Calista Flockhart who are my favorites on the show. In the last episode, these two characters who are mother and daughter are talking. The writing and dialogue is so outstanding and powerful.

Sally Field says, "You can't sit on your hands so other people feel better about themselves. God, Kitty, I did that my whole life. When I think of all the great ideas I gave your father and just pretended they weren't mine. He let me do it, of course. Sometimes I think, what if I hadn't done that. What if I had taken credit where credit was due? I was a more powerful woman than I let myself be.... I don't want you to do that. I don't want you to make that mistake. You won't do anyone any good by pretending to be less than what you are."

Isn't that great! Isn't that just powerful writing! I hope someday that I write the words that someone like Sally Fields says on screen.

If you want great drama and great writing, watch Brothers and Sisters on ABC on Sunday nights at 10 p.m. It's on tonight. I'll be watching. I hope you will be too.

No comments: