Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Bowl

As I turned on my computer and my home page downloaded, I saw mention that an ad for the Super Bowl was rejected. I sent in an idea for a Super Bowl ad that I thought was great a few years ago. I should have run it by Donny Deutsch, the marketing genius first, if I had the opportunity. My idea for the Super Bowl is for both opposing teams to run onto the field from opposite ends. Just as they get onto the field, they tear off their uniforms to reveal Super Hero garb underneath. As they fly around and show their Super Hero powers, the commercial ends. Isn't that what men who sit and watch the Super Bowl think about their team? I think so.

I'm really not a football fan, unless it is the Chicago Bears and Mike Ditka. I've discouraged my sons from playing football even though Daniel was great at football. He went to football camp. His coach wanted him to play varsity as a sophomore because he was fearless and strong. I sat him down to read the article in Muscle and Fitness by Emmett Smith that said that being a professional football player was like getting hit by a freight train each time you go on the field. Daniel is brilliant so I wanted him to see that he was so much more than football. After his coach at North Salem High School wanted him to live and breathe football 24 hours a day with nothing else in his life, Daniel made the decision to quit on his own. Football causes brain injury. Just ask Mike Ditka and listen to the disabled voices of past football giants who played professional ball.

No comments: