Friday, February 20, 2009

Evaluating My Life

About three to four times a year or more often, I take a look at my life. I look at what works and what doesn't work. I realize that there are many things about my life that I can't change so I try to concentrate on what I can do something about. As I look at my life this morning, I will recommit to the following four areas to drive my goals forward--writing, reading, gardening, and exercising. I see that I need to make specific goals for each with deadlines. I will need to spend more time in planning at the end of the day and each week.

I usually write down all the areas of my life for evaluation. Here's the current status:
Friends--None
Family--I'm a pain in the butt and an annoyance to everyone.
Work--Not employed.
Writing--Not making any money.
Spiritual--I don't have a church home.
Husband--We play canasta daily. I do whatever I can to help him and he does whatever he can for me.
Financial--No savings or insurance. I have $500 in a 401K that I earned from Joann Fabrics that goes down daily.

I believe that things are going to get better and that I can turn things around. I can't do anything about some areas except to try. I'm nice to people when I see others. I work hard but I'm not getting any where. I have a lot to work on and a lot to learn. If I need to talk, I don't have friends to call who would listen or want to talk. My family are busy with lives of their own. It's isn't right to be a burden on anyone.

I get up each day and try to appreciate what I have. I have many blessings. I have many opportunities to learn and grow. I can have a large garden. I can work on making quilts. I can read great words in books. When I see people, I can smile and be as nice as possible, which I always try hard to do. I can start practicing the piano again. I can sew my clothes. I can finish writing projects and work on revisions. I have so much beauty surrounding me and birds that visit our property. I can exercise using my Wii Fit every day.

I will keep trying and keep working to make the quality of my life better. I have faith that my life will get better, if I keep trying, work hard and never give up.

No comments: