Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year! Happy 2013! I'm determined to have a great year. Happiness is a choice. Even if things don't turn out so great, you flip it around and find the good anyway.

What are my priorities for the New Year?

  • Writing and finishing up projects and get them in the mail to publish. Sometimes I think I need to have a writing partner to work with who loves to edit. I love to create new stuff. I need to write first thing in the morning for at least two hours. If I start churning out books, I should be writing eight hours a day and take my writing seriously as a job. Right now I have four novels, one screenplay, and a juvenile novel that needs to be edited and sent off. I need to find an editor, publisher, and agent.
  • Reading books and magazines to support my writing. Of course, I subscribe to The Writer and Writer's Digest and have done so for years. Reading is an important part of the writing life. What did I read on the plane? SELLING YOUR STORY IN 60 SECONDS by Michael Hauge. It's a great book. I'm reading it on my Kindle. I'm 85% finished. I'm going to read it again and I really need to buy the hardcover as a reference.
  • Exercise every day for at least an hour. Zumba is on top of the list of my favorite ways to exercise. I also love Body Pump, which is a weight lifting class at 24 Hour Fitness. You do over 800 repetitions with a barbell during the class in an hour. I want to buy roller skates this year since I love roller skating. I need more dancing in my life since I love to dance but I can't afford everything I want to do. I love the Precor elliptical at the gym. I have an exercise bike at home.
That's the Big Three that are always on my list year after year but there are other things that are important to me like.....

  • The Seattle Symphony
  • The Seattle Art Museum
  • The Woodland Park Zoo
  • Mah Jongg
Family is urgently important but I don't get to see them very much. When I see them, I drop everything else I am doing and enjoy every minute.

I want to start seeing Broadway plays again. I love live theater. I love learning. I've signed up to take two classes with Coursera.org. I need to sign up and register for senior classes at the University of Washington and the North Seattle Community Center. I need to see the Nutcracker next year. Getting rid of more stuff is important. When I moved to Seattle, I got rid of probably 80% and I still have more boxes to go through.

No comments: