Monday, January 14, 2013

Joann Fabrics

Joann Fabrics is the Disneyland for women as Home Depot and Lowes is for men. Women can get lost in Joann Fabrics because everything you could want is there. I love knitting, crochet, sewing, quilting, beading, needlepoint, and all the rest. I grew up doing all of these things. Knitting, sewing, quilting equals comfort to me.

I started working part-time at Joann Fabrics in Shoreline before Christmas. I work at the fabric cutting counter. It's so much fun because I get to see all the amazing projects and meet so many talented people. Some who walk through the door are heroes because they buy fabric to make things to help people having a hard time. Some are so gifted at sewing that they could be on the television show Project Runway. I have learned about new projects and new materials that I want to try. I love helping people. There are so many nice people who walk through the door. It's fun to work at Joann Fabrics. I'm grateful to have a part-time job. I work with nice people and I love the work that I do. I work 8 hours next week so I have time to go to the gym, write, read, and do other things.

No comments: