Saturday, October 19, 2013

ZIN JAM at Magnuson Athletic Club

I spent the afternoon at Magnuson Athletic Club for a special Zumba event. I signed up for a ZIN JAM taught by Meli Mastroeni-Kirkwood. The time was from 12:30 to 4 p.m. I had a great time and learned a lot. I was surrounded by amazing and gifted dancers.

Meli Mastroeni-Kirkwood is a ZIN JAMMER, which means that she has been chosen by Zumba to create choreography for Zumba instructors. She's absolutely amazing and such a gifted dancer. It is an honor to be a ZIN JAMMER and it was an honor to take a class from Meli and to learn from her. She taught choreography for five songs and we all danced and  became the instructor to teach the songs.

Magnuson Athletic Club is a gorgeous club--so big and so beautiful right near the water.


What was really amazing to me is that Meli lives in Arroyo Grande. I used to live in Arroyo Grande from 1978 to 1982. I loved it there. I didn't want to leave. Arroyo Grande has absolutely perfect weather. It is always around 65 to 70 year around with a breeze since it is on the Central California coast. I was very happy living there. I homeschooled my five children in Arroyo Grande.

It was an honor to meet Meli. She's awesome!

No comments: