Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Zumba Gold

I wish I could take Zumba Gold classes every day at 24 Hour Fitness in Northgate. I wish I could take Zumba Toning classes three times a week at 24 Hour Fitness in Northgate. I wish I could take Zumba Gold Toning classes at 24 Hour Fitness every other day in Northgate too. These are the classes I want to be teaching every day. These are the classes where I belong. This is what I need to be doing. I'm 65 and I weigh 243 so I can't be doing all the high energy jumping around that everyone else is doing. I can't always keep up with all the young people and the high intensity Zumba instructors who are doing all the jumping and moving so fast. I enjoy the slower, easier version of Zumba Gold. It is my speed.

I need Zumba Gold but I need to also be surrounded by people who also loves Zumba. 24 Hour Fitness in Northgate doesn't have Zumba Gold classes. They don't have Zumba Toning classes, which is also slower. They don't have Zumba Gold Toning classes. In my training as a Zumba Toning instructor I have learned that vertical abs exercises with Zumba are more effective than doing sit-ups on the ground and it is sure a lot more fun.

I'm working hard to learn my dance choreography as a new Zumba Gold instructor. I really wish I had someone to co-teach Zumba Gold with until I gain the confidence to go solo as an instructor. I think team teaching works great because it gives the students more people to follow. Then all the attention wouldn't all be on me. I want to be up in front. I want to help people. I want to show them that exercise and fitness is important. I want to show them that everyone is healthier with movement and there is nothing as much fun as Zumba. Zumba has brought so much happiness in my life. I hope I have a chance at my dream. I really want to teach Zumba Gold. I want to be "real." I want to help people. I already bought Zumba Gold instructor shirts from Zumba. I also bought Zumba Toning shirts too. I ordered business cards. I set up my Zumba website but I need to add more. http://wendyhaber3.zumba.com

I love Zumba. Beto Perez, the creator of Zumba is one of my heroes. I will always admire him and appreciate all that has been added to my life with Zumba. Zumba is fun. Zumba is making life happier and bringing joy to millions. Even though life outside of the Zumba classroom isn't perfect, within the Zumba classroom, it is awesome. It is pure joy and happiness. It is movement and fun. When you are active with Zumba, you are healthier and fit.

I'm going to practice my Zumba Gold choreography today. I'm going to keep working at it hoping that someday, I will have a chance to be a Zumba Gold instructor and be able to help people. I want to help people who are overweight like me to keep moving and to make it fun. I want to help boomers to become zoomers and enjoy all the fun of Zumba but in the safe, easier, slower format of Zumba Gold.

No comments: