Friday, June 25, 2010

All My Children

I'm a new fan of All My Children, a day time soap opera. I love Erika played by Susan Lucci. She's a true fighter and inspirational heroine. On Monday she had quite a speech in her hospital bed after surviving a plane crash and time in the wilderness.

She said, "Surviving those mountains, it's made me stronger than I ever was. I have never been so sure of who I am and what I want than I am right now. If I get hurt so be it. If I have to fight the Greenleys of the world, bring them on. One thing I know is that I will not hide and I will definately not surrender. I have survived too much, way too much, to run off and hide because I'm afraid I am going to get hurt again. I will live the life I want with a man who wants the same things I want. I will take the pleasure with the pain and the good with the bad and I will never give up. That's for sure. I will never ever quit. I will have the life I want because I am committed to living every moment to the fullest."

Great writing! It would be fun to split off into clones and go out to be everything I can be. One of me would look for a boss to work for like Erika. I would want to work a 80 hour week and make piles of money, live in a big house, and wear nice clothes.

Soap operas are a life saver for people who are alone. They give you a dose of friends without all the complications. You can see all the problems play out in the television show without having to get into the muck. Easier..........

No comments: