Friday, June 18, 2010

Staying Home

I've been staying home for the last couple of months. I've only left my property twice. Why? Almost every time when my husband and I have left, we come back to find something missing or changed. Until someone gives me answers, help or I find a solution, I'm not going anywhere.

This has been happening ever since we moved here 10 years ago. Why? It's harrassment or a really good crook or someone abusing their official power position who picks things up here and there when they enter our house. No one has our house keys. No one is given permission when we leave to watch the place. We have a security system. So how is this happening? Bush created Homeland Security and no one has addressed potential abuses of the right to enter someone's home without a search warrant.

I've spoken out against leaders. Is this why? Roadblocks show up with every attempt to succeed. Some have told me that I must have really made someone mad. I don't blindly follow. I think. I question. I read. I investigate. I speak out. I value the truth and the law. I wish I had gone to law school. No one bothers attorneys. An attorney is armed with the law.

My husband called Benton County Sheriff Department and was told without proof, there is nothing they can do. I've called too. Not even a report was filed.

So do I give up on dreams? Do I stay home to protect what little I have? One person that I discussed it with agrees that this is a great way to make someone feel insecure. The last thing that was taken was a large plastic bin of fabric I bought on sale that I was saving to make quilts for my grandchildren. The retail price of the fabric has to be close to $800. I think this is why things like this are taken because who would believe someone that fabric was stolen.

Should I quit writing too? What is the point of trying and putting in effort to find roadblocks in every direction? I can't afford to do many things so money limits what I can attempt.

I'm great at finding the good within the limits of what is possible. I'm great at finding something to do within the financial limits or within the selections available. I am never bored. I change directions. I enjoy knitting, quilting, watching TV and movies, sewing, gardening. There are so many books I've wanted to read. But what is the point of creating when you are stopped? What is the point of writing when you are not allowed to flourish? Do I give it up?

It's hard when you don't have friends or a support system. It's hard to be isolated without a network of people to consult who want you to succeed and who want you to win.

Sometimes I feel like I live in the wrong state or country. A new book being published in August is an important one that is reviewed in the June 14th edition of PUBLISHERS WEEKLY. WERE YOU BORN ON THE WRONG CONTINENT?: HOW THE EUROPEAN MODEL CAN HELP YOU GET A LIFE by Thomas Geohegan discusses the difference between the lifestyle in Europe as compared to the United States. Geohegan argues that "the middle class is the real beneficiary of European social democracy--its members reap free education, free child care, free nursing home care, guaranteed vacation time, and generous unemployment benefits--while their white-collar American counterparts struggle to pay for the same." It makes me want to live in Sweden or Germany. Order it from www.amazon.com or go to your nearest bookstore to order a copy. Think. Don't just blindly believe what those around you tell you to believe. Read. Question.

No comments: