Friday, June 25, 2010

James Patterson

I love James Patterson. He’s my favorite. Someday, if my ship ever comes in, I’m going to have a huge library with floor to ceiling book cases. In one of the book cases will be signed first editions of all of James Patterson’s books.

Buy all his books at your nearest bookstore. If you haven't discovered him yet, you'll want to read everything he's ever written.

Right now I’m reading JUDGE AND JURY. Again he came to rescue.

On page 98 is the paragraph. It’s about a judge who is being harassed by the mob.
“This was in my bed last night. In my bed, Mr. Cavello! Under my covers. The evening edition broke around seven. My house was completely locked up and alarmed. No one has been inside since four that afternoon. You have an educated guess as to how this got there, Mr. Cavello?”

This is what has been happening to me. It started in Gates where we lost everything and continued for the last ten years in Alsea. A crook or someone official abusing their power position?

When I got to page 98, I didn't feel alone. I felt connected. I know what it feels like to have someone go through your things and not be able to protect yourself. I know what it feels like to feel so powerless. My solution until I know this is over is to stay home.

No comments: