Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Dream

In the mail today we got Ben's Northwestern University Alumni Magazine. I love reading the magazine and learning about the cutting edge technology or new ideas taught. I see that they are starting a new MFA in screenwriting. I'd love to go learn from the BEST, with the BEST at the BEST university.

It would be a dream to work on my MFA at the same time as Daniel is working on his MBA at Northwestern. His first choice is Northwestern too, where his brother, Ben went. Daniel is hard at work studying for his GMAT.

Daniel is working for Battelle in Mountainview, CA as a project manager with NASA. My brilliant son also spent time in Berlin working for Berlex to gain experience in the pharmaceutical industry and attended Copenhagen Business School during a summer before graduating from OSU. A Sigma Pi President who worked his way through college working at Office Max, Daniel comes with extraordinary experience uncommon to the entry level MBA student. He also has heart and always has the time to be kind and listen to me. He's the one who ran beside me in three 5K races when I made the decision to turn my life around to be healthy in October, 2002. I'm so proud of his character, values, and person that Daniel is inside. His work ethic is rare these days when so many sluff off responsibility and don't care about learning or solving problems. On top of all that, Daniel runs and lifts weights. If he put his mind to it and worked hard, I doubt there isn't anything he couldn't accomplish in life.

No comments: