Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Weight Loss

This morning at Weight Watchers, I lost 1.4 pounds for a total of 12.2 pounds. It was a great meeting and it was fun. The message was the importance of a positive attitude. Weight Watchers meetings are positive and inspirational to help guide you to the goal of weight loss.

It's urgent for my health to lose the weight with 125 extra pounds on me. I have this extra person hanging on and it's time for her to get off! When one has the resources to attend Weight Watchers, exercise everyday and have the healthy food to eat, it can only be interpreted as a death wish to not follow the road to good health. Life is cut short by ignoring the symptoms of obesity.

Another topic discussed in the meeting today was the importance of positive self talk. I recommended the website: www.thinkrightnow.com and the tapes that you can buy with positive messages about healthy eating and exercise. I have three tapes that I bought in 2002 and they have helped me. I have the one on setting goals, healthy eating, and exercise. They work and they are worth the money.

It's important to understand the day to day struggles of weight loss by looking at the big picture and not get caught up in the discouragement of not meeting daily or weekly goals. When you permanently change your life, it takes time. Concentrate on the accomplishments you have already achieved. I figure that if I center on learning more about nutrition, health, and fitness, it will help me work towards my goal of a healthy weight. Weight Watchers, daily exercise, and healthy eating are the key elements.

This is a permanent lifestyle change. It is important for me to attend Weight Watchers for the rest of my life because I have a problem with food. I love good food. I've never been one of those people who doesn't eat when they are sick. I can eat any time. I celebrate with food. I'm sad with food. When I have fun, I think of food. I'm always thinking or planning what I will eat next. Now I have the tools with Weight Watchers to keep this under control.

Exercise helped me to reach my weight loss this week. This is what I did this last week:
5-3 1 hour elliptical runner, 1 hour swim in deep water
5-2 1 1/2 hours elliptical runner, 1 hour swim/jog in deep water, 15 min. weights
5-1 zip, nada, nothing.
4-30 30 min. walk
4-29 1 hour exercise bike, 1 hour gardening
4-28 30 min. exercise bike, 45 min. swim deep water, 30 min. elliptical
4-27 zip, nada, nothing.
4-26 1 hour swim, 1 hour elliptical

No comments: