Sunday, May 28, 2006

Pool Running

I stopped in Corvallis before going home and joined Paula's running class in the pool. It was fun and I was able to keep up. First in the shallow end, we ran back and forth twisting this way and that, backwards and forwards, one way and then another. Then in the deep end for ten 30 second sprints as fast as we could run in the water. The other women runners are serious runners. One is going to run a half marathon soon. I wish I could be part of the group.

Running is the hardest sport. I admire runners for everything that it takes to train, the hard work, and persistence. I wish I could be part of Paula's running group. I don't know what they thought of me but I thought it was great fun to be able to keep up with them. It may sound like a silly dream but I would love to be in the Olympics. I wouldn't care what event. Something I could do. They should have Senior Olympics for the older folks who still want to reach goals and strive to live a healthy life.

I wish I could be a real runner who runs marathons every year. I'd do the Portland Marathon every year because of the glorious fun, the bands on every corner, and the beauty of Portland. Running is Oregon. I'd also do the Walt Disney World Marathon on New Years Day, at least a couple of times so I could run with Tigger and Mickey. I'd be healthy and thin. I'd live to be a 100 without any need for a doctor or a pill.

Since I am obese, an orthopedic surgeon said that I should stick to the elliptical runner, the exercise bike, and deep water to prevent injury to my knees with so much weight on me. It's wise since I don't have health insurance. I would love to run fast and run races. It would be glorious fun. I'll run in my mind when my dreams take me to another place.

No comments: