Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

I always said that I had the BEST kids in the world and that is true. I'm proud of each of my children and the kind of person they are inside. This is the best gift of all for Mother's Day. Yes, I wish they were all young again so I could have fun with them more often but I am proud of how they turned out.

All of us, except for Joe in Florida, spent time together last weekend to make Mother's Day special. Dan came up for work from California and Ben drove down from Washington. We spent last Sunday at Gretchen's house.

I have lots to write about in my new journal for Mother's Day from Leslie, my husband of 34 years. I'm blessed with the gift of health for Mother's Day with Weight Watchers coupons from Ben, and the gift of the arts from Daniel with dinner and a visit to see the Corvallis Symphony. Joe sent his amazing CD of original songs and lyrics and Gretchen gave me an American Express gift card. How can it get better than this? Ah...For all of us to live on the same street!

On Friday Les and I spent time with Jack and Lizzy our grandchildren. We watched them the whole day and had a glorious time. Yes, Jack, Lizzy, and Alexander are the BEST grandchildren in the world. I'm proud of all of them.

No comments: