Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Weight Watcher Wednesday

This morning at Weight Watchers, I lost 4 pounds! I'll take it! Last night I didn't eat after 7 p.m. and I didn't eat before the meeting that starts at 9:45 a.m., like I did last week. For the last few days I have also been trying to imagine myself as being at normal weight again. I'm thinking, "I weight 130 pounds. I can cross my legs. I can run fast!" It's working. So far I've lost 17 pounds.

Inspiration has come to me from my new friend at Weight Watchers, Penny who started at the same time as I did. She's doing amazing. She stopped drinking soda pop, eating chips, and candy. She received her key chain today for reaching her 10% goal. I'm proud of her. She's an inspiration to everyone. I want her to win. She's lost 35 pounds so far.

Judith reached goal weight today for losing 22 pounds. Her husband told her, "You're getting so slender." She used the point system and walks everyday.

Mary reached goal weight weeks ago and continues to faithfully sit in front at all the meetings. She's an inspiration to all Weight Watchers.

Geri made it to 16 weeks and received the award. This is the fourth time that she has started Weight Watchers and the 1st time to make it to 16 weeks. Good for her and may she win this time. It's so important to keep going and go to meetings in order to achieve success.

Nancy, our leader, gave another great inspirational meeting for everyone. She talked about lapses today. She said you must take responsibility, get rid of guilt when you overeat, get right back on the program, reframe the setback, get support, attend meetings, and figure out what caused the lapse so you can learn from it. Great suggestions and inspiration are part of every meeting at Weight Watchers. It's so important to go to meetings every week so you can have that check and balance system to keep you on program.

Each individual coming to Weight Watchers either has or have had a problem with food. That's just a fact. I certainly do. I love food. I learned growing up to celebrate with food and at any crisis use food to console. I think about food all the time and what I'll eat next. With Weight Watchers, I'm kept in line. It's the healthy eating program where you have choice and encouragement to eat healthy.

Anther incentive that my sons, Ben and Daniel have set up for me is to create the 20/50 Club. At each 20 pound weight loss, I get a trip up to Seattle to see Ben and at each 50 pound weight loss, I get a trip to Mountainview, CA to see Daniel. They know that the gift of time with them is the most important gift and incentive for me. They said that since I don't have health insurance, that it is much cheaper for them to provide incentive for me to prevent future medical problems. Ben has been so kind to send the Weight Watchers coupons to make sure I can come to the meetings. I couldn't have better sons. They are so kind to me and I'm so grateful.

My exercise for this last week hasn't been the best but I'll do better this next week.
5-24-06 nothing
5-23 nothing
5-22 nothing
5-21 1 hour gardening
5-20 1 hour gardening, 15 min. NuStep, 15 min. weights, 30 min exercise bike, 30 minutes elliptical runner
5-19 nothing but I had a wonderful day with my granddaughter, Lizzy
5-18 2 hours and 45 minutes gardening and planting
5-17 15 min. weights, 1 hour elliptical runner, and 1/2 hour swim

Gas prices going up and 45 minutes away from Timberhill Athletic Club, sometimes make it hard to exercise but I'll try harder this next week.

No comments: