Monday, May 14, 2007

Script Frenzy



Chris Baty, the originator of National Novel Writing Month in November has created a new writing challenge beginning in June called Script Frenzy. The goal is to write 20,000 words of a screenplay or play during the month of June. This translates to 120 pages or 4 pages a day. Chris Baty has done an amazing job of inspiring writers around the world with National Novel Writing Month and now he's added this challenge. Chris Baty is a writing hero!

I signed up and look forward to the frenzy! www.scriptfrenzy.org
There is another wonderful writing opportunity coming up on May 19th, this Saturday. I just found it in the writing events that I get in an e-mail. Michael Hauge is coming to Portland. He's one of my writing heroes and he's teaching a one day workshop in Portland on "the essential steps to creating and selling your novel or screenplay." I wish I could go. I have to work plus I don't have the money. I'm determined to be able to have the savings ready the next time he comes. (I started a 401K and savings account last month.) I have listened to one of his tapes, THE HEROES TWO JOURNEYS that I checked out from the library, and bought his book, WRITING SCREENPLAYS THAT SELL. I wrote to him and he was kind enough to send me an encouraging letter. I'm going to read Hauge's book again to get ready for Script Frenzy.

No comments: