Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Weight Watchers

I was happy to rejoin Weight Watchers yesterday morning. I need it. It's good for me. Weight Watchers holds me accountable for my portions of food on the plate. I learn and am inspired at every meeting.

My last meeting was in June of 2006 and I had weighed 262. Yesterday morning I weighed 265. I weighed 135 in high school, college and the first several years of my marriage. Now it's time to finally get the weight off and keep it off for good.

I took notes at the meeting and here's what I learned:

Stay focused with your LENS.
L ook for habits that need change.
E at using the food plan of choice.
N udge your body into action.
S eek support to reach your goals.

There are four ways to approach weight loss:
1. Attend weekly meetings.
2. Eat wisely.
3. Think first.
4. Move more.

There were some great tips shared during the meeting that brought laughter. One woman put yellow caution tape across her cupboards with tempting foods. Another woman puts chocolate chips on the highest shelf out of reach and out of sight.

I learned that delay tactics are good for emotional eaters and to drink water and plan before acting on your urge to eat something you want. Constant snackers need to move more. It's important to preplan all meals.

Well, I'm happy to be back at Weight Watchers. I did great my first day back with Weight Watchers with my eating plan. I realized yesterday that I have been drizzling a little too much olive oil on my stir fry. Oh, well.................

No comments: