Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Weight Watchers

I went to the Weight Watchers meeting at 9:15 hopeful that I had lost weight and I did. I lost 7.6 pounds! Pretty good! What I did to lose the weight was to meticulously count points in my journal, eat core foods on the flex program, exercise, and say to myself that I weigh 150 pounds. It worked so I will do this again this next week. Last week I've discovered the shrimp is an essential food. One cup of shrimp is only two points. Stir fried in olive oil or teriyaki sauce, it makes a great compliment to large chunks of onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms stir fried in olive oil. I also gave up diet pop this week.

The topic this week was about cravings. Nancy, the leader wore a name tag that said she had lost 83 pounds. My leader last year was named Nancy too. She said to acknowledge the craving, avoid self judgments, remain calm, consider the consequences, step into action by considering portion size and thinking about alternative choices. I think that cinnamon rolls were mentioned too many times during this meeting. Urges are all about feelings and situations. You are supposed to remain calm, manage the situation, remove the temptation, eat something else or do something else. I learned that 4 points are cut off of a whopper at Burger King by saying no mayonnaise, throwing away the bottom bun, and asking for extra lettuce and tomato. This I will have to do because I love whoppers.

The woman sitting in front of me during the meeting was wearing a beautiful Scandinavian ski sweater. After the meeting we walked out to the parking lot together and I asked her about her sweater. I thought she had made it. It's a cotton, light-weight Eddie Bauer sweater, perfect for the summer. It's beautiful. Eddie Bauer's catalog is full of practical, beautiful, excellent quality garments that will last and that you'll be proud to wear. www.eddiebauer.com

No comments: