Sunday, May 25, 2008

Car Auction

I turned on Direct TV to find an upscale car auction for the very rich. Channel 76 HDTH. I've never seen a car auction before but this looks like the ultimate car auction for anyone with a lot of money looking for the perfect car. This is a whole different world from the one I live in. As a writer, it's perfect to be able to peek into a world that I would normally not have contact. With additional research and the pictures in my mind of the shiny cars rolling out on the red carpet, a scene like this could find its way into one of my books.

Here are some examples of what is being sold: 1964 Ford Mustang Indy Pace Car Lot #S134 labled as the ultimate collectible Mustang with the bid at $300,000 and it continues. 1964 Shelby Cobra Roadster Lot #S137 with a bid at $560,000 and it continues. 1934 Chevrolet Cabriolet 2 door Lot #S138 sold for $46,000.

If you have plenty of money and love cars, take a look at www.mecum.com.

No comments: