Sunday, May 25, 2008

Willamette Writers

I enjoyed reading the June, 2008 issue of the Willamette Writer. Cynthia Whitcomb is the President of Willamette Writers and I loved her article on page two of this issue, "The Elasticity of Fame." Her piece was the best in the newsletter, in my opinion. It was funny. I had the opportunity to listen to Cynthia Whitcomb speak at a monthly meeting in Eugene for Willamette Writers about three years ago. She frequently holds workshops all over the country when she's not busy working on a screenplay. She was electric, animated, and resonated with energy as she shared pearls of wisdom about being a writer.

I hope someday that I can scrap together the bucks to go to one of her screenwriting workshops and that I can go to the yearly Willamette Conference. Every year, I want to go and there are always higher priority needs for our money. Now with gas prices at an all time high, Portland is too far away. Maybe someday................my ship will come in.

If you want to hear about the great conference coming up go to http://www.willamettewriters.com/. Every year it sounds like it gets better and better from the conference brochure. You can e-mail wilwrite@willamettewriters.com about joining and receiving the newsletter.

No comments: