Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My son, Daniel Haber, who lives in Columbus, Ohio sent me a Mother's Day card that I received in the mail yesterday. Daniel works for Battelle in Columbus and is working on his MBA at Ohio State University. I love Daniel very much and am so proud of him. His card was a Hallmark. It said, "Everyone knows that 'mother' is another word for love, but to me, 'mother' means even more--it means support and encouragement, patience and wisdom, holding close until just the right time to let go. The older I grow, the more I've come to understand how lucky I've been to have you as a mother and how grateful I'll always be for all the ways you shared your love with me." Happy Mother's Day.

Then Daniel wrote, "Mom, these statements are very true, but don't even begin to describe how important you've been as I've grown the different stages in life. I love you and miss you. As your Mother's Day gift, I want to give you what you've always asked for...time. I'm going to book you a flight to visit, preferrably as finals wrap up at the beginning of June. Call me and I'll schedule it. Happy Mother's Day. Love, Daniel"

How does it get better than this? I'm very blessed. I'll be excited to see Daniel and visit him in Columbus. I'm so proud of him and all he has accomplished. Daniel is the perfect son and I'm lucky to be his mother. I only wish that there were more people in the world like Daniel because the world and my world would be a much better place to live.

No comments: