Friday, May 09, 2008

Timberhill Athletic Club

So...I've decided that I have to get serious again about exercise. I have to bit the bullet and start behaving. Don't get me wrong...I love to exercise. I have fun going to Timberhill Athletic Club in Corvallis, but when you are trying to be invisible when you're so fat, it's hard to hide the extra poundage in a swim suit unless you wear black, baggy diving gear.

I was actually thinking of giving up my membership but then I thought...here I don't have any health insurance, I don't have savings, and my membership to Timberhill is the only thing I have to prevent medical problems so I can be healthy. I can't afford to give it up! It sure is cheaper than health insurance. Even if you do have health insurance, sometimes doctors lop off the wrong part or give medication that is worse than the original symptoms so I think I'll stick to preventative measures of eating healthy and exercise.

I had so much fun yesterday. After work, I decided to try hydrofit again. I love hydrofit in the deep end of the pool. I wasn't sure I was ready for it since I've been sluffing off for the last year and a half, but it worked out great. We went outside in the outdoor pool. I've never been out there in the new pool outside. The water is 87 degrees warm. There are two slides. I've been looking out the window at all this but never ventured outside before to try it. It was so much fun to be outside in the water.

This is what I've done since April 28................
April 28....walked 1/2 hour
April 29...walked for 27 minutes
April 30...1 hour on the elliptical runner at Timberhill
May 1...30 minutes on exercise bike at home
May 2...20 minute swim
May 3, May 4...zero, nada, nothing
May 5...45 minutes elliptical runner at Timberhill
May 6...zero, nada, nothing
May 7...30 minutes exercise bike at home
May 8...50 minutes hydrofit at Timberhill

Not much but it's headed in the right direction. I eat healthy but I eat more than I should. Now if I can just keep the portion size down and exercise more, I just might start losing weight.

No comments: