Saturday, July 26, 2008

Alsea Library

The Alsea Library is part of the Corvallis Library system. This means that because I live in Benton County in Oregon that I can check out any book I want from the library. The website is http://www.thebestlibrary.net/. It IS the best library system I have ever seen. They give great service and they have the BEST books on the shelves. When you browse the bookcases in Corvallis, you will find the newest books and every possible book in any topic you could want. It's amazing. The lady who set it up really knew what she was doing. She also set up the library in Seattle.

The only thing I would change in the Alsea Library is I would make it much bigger. There aren't any private rooms for study. It's one room where any talk disturbs anyone who wants to be quiet and just read. There aren't any individual study rooms for students or someone who loves to do research.

I'm grateful that we have a library in Alsea. It's needed. A library is probably one of the most important parts in any city. I feel it is essential.

The large room in back in the library is sometimes used for groups. Money is charged. Alsea is a little town. It would be better if the room could be used without any charge. We don't have a community center in Alsea and we need one. The last time I was at the library, I was asked to move with my laptop into the children's section. A few minutes later a meeting was held at the tables by city leaders. Evidently, they didn't want to pay the fee for the meeting room at the library.

I'm grateful for the great service and the opportunity to check out books from the library.

No comments: