Monday, July 21, 2008

Craig Ferguson

Craig Ferguson, the host of The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS will be at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas from July 24 through July 30. Everyone should book a flight to go to see him.

Who would I want to see in Las Vegas, IF I could afford to go? I would want to see Craig Ferguson, Elton John at Cesars Palace (7-23 to 8-2), Wayne Newton at the MGM, and Jerry Seinfeld will be at Caesars Palace from 8-8 to 8-9. I couldn't find any mention of Jerry Lewis appearing anywhere when I did a brief look around, nor did I see Chris Isaac who is an amazing performer.

I've never been to Las Vegas. For me, it doesn't have the aura of a happy place because my oldest son died in Las Vegas on August 28, 1995. Aaron worked at the Westward Ho and at Sam Goodie. He had a membership to the gym. He loved to work out. I talked to him the day before and he was fine. We got the call that said that he left his shift at the Westward Ho and took an overdose of pills. Les hired an investigator but it came up zilch, no information. The family wasn't allowed to identify his body so sometimes I wonder whether he was murdered or if he is in the cript in South Salem? I know we don't have all the answers. I know he didn't feel safe because he tried to find a way to leave. He kept asking everyone if he could live with them or if they would help him and everyone said no. Les said no and that's one reason why I have a hard time living with him. I feel it is left up in the air, unsettled, a mystery. I know there is nothing I can do about it but I need to know the truth for my peace of mind and for my children.

Aaron was amazing. He was smart, kind, creative, and fun. I will always miss him every day. As I write this tears are streaming down my cheeks. This is the way it is for me. Always missing Aaron.

No comments: