Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cats or Dogs?

I was recently thinking of getting another dog. I love basset hounds and saint bernards best, but then I started of thinking of the waking me up in the middle of the night to let them outside and the walking even when I didn't want to go for a walk. I decided I'd stick with my two indoor cats who are low maintenance.

I do miss having a basset hound. I had two that I really miss--Howard and Humphrey. I got Howard as a puppy. His ears flopped into his water dish. When he walked, his ears hung to the floor almost. He was adorable and I always loved him. He could sit up on the couch with a paw on the side, just like a person. He used to drag his blanket around with him. We used to go for long walks. He went from one side of the sidewalk to the other sniffing bushes. Sometimes he would wander over to lick a cat. Howard had pizazz. He was named after Howard Stern. I figured it was appropriate, a Jewish long-eared dog with chutzpah. I always liked Howard Stern too. Now he's wealthy with a beautiful young wife in the Hamptons. Happiness to you always, Howard Stern and to my Howard the greatest of all basset hounds.

No comments: