Monday, July 14, 2008

Tour de France

I was talking to my son, Benjamin, on the phone yesterday. It sounds like he has his eyes glued to the television watching the Tour de France which he does every year. A Tivo is making it easier this year. I decided to start watching and ride my exercise bike.

I was thinking that we need to have Tour USA or maybe we could call it The Ultimate Tour USA and have bicycles ride across the United States. Every town could welcome the racers. It could be bigger than the Tour de France. It could be almost better, which would be hard. It would be great if the bicycles ride past my house. I'd sit outside in a lawn chair and cheer.

Tour USA needs to start in Boston or New York City and end in Eugene, Oregon at the University of Oregon with a big Nike finish.

No comments: