Sunday, July 27, 2008

Reading Challenge

I was rereading ON WRITING by Stephen King. On page 145, he says, "I'm a slow reader, but I usually get through seventy or eighty books a year, mostly fiction."

Do you read seventy or eighty books a year? This is a challenge that is worth trying to meet and work towards. See if you can start reading two books a week. At the end of a year, you will have read over 100 books. You will be so proud of yourself. Just think of all the things you will have learned and great books you will have discovered.

When I was growing up, my Dad used to read the Bible every night. He used to read the entire Bible several times every year. He also read one western book every night. I used to buy him stacks and stacks of western books. Can you read a book every day?

No comments: