Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Willamette Writers

Another great issue of the newsletter for Willamette Writers came in the mail two days ago. Every month there are great articles, insights and wisdom for the writer. Even if you can't go to the meetings, it's worth it to join Willamette Writers just for the articles in the newsletter. It's like getting another writing magazine.

I love reading anything that Cynthia Whitcomb writes who is the President of Willamette Writers. I also love reading Jessica Morrell's columns. All of the contributing writers are great and amazing. Cynthia has such great insight into human behavior. I think that a great writer does and has to have this understanding in order to write great scripts and novels. I wish I lived next door to her and could have coffee once in awhile. I think she's perfect just the way she is.

I wish I could come to the Conference. I wish I could volunteer to be part of the ongoing process of what happens with Willamette Writers but I live far away and have zero bucks to make anything happen in my life that would be fun. I think you have to live in Portland to get the full flavor of Willamette Writers or you must have enough money to be able to travel and keep up with them.

I'm concentrating on the habit of writing every day for several hours and keep it up so that I can start turning out novel after novel. Thank you, Cynthia Whitcomb for another great writing lesson in the newsletter.

No comments: