Monday, September 28, 2009

Alsea Valley Voice

The October issue of the Alsea Valley Voice is finished. There are 16 pages. I thought I had it done on the 23rd but late articles came in and changes had to be made. I'm happy with this issue. More and more people who live in the Alsea Valley are writing and expressing their opinions. On page 15 is a great health care debate with Steve Moore on one side and Mimi Stout on the other. This is wonderful to see people expressing their opinions and defending their side. I'm working hard to encourage all voices in the area to write. I put on the front page, "The Alsea Valley Voice is the VOICE for all people living in the Alsea Valley in Benton County Oregon. If your voice isn't represented, write a column, essay, or article."

I'm having fun with the paper and want to do it for many years to come.

The Alsea Valley Voice started in January, 1998 so I am one of many editors who have worked on the paper.

I'm going to work on getting some new advertisers so no one has to worry about the number of pages or the cost of paper.

October 15th is my next deadline when I will be starting to work on the November issue. Right now I have a couple of days to do something else.

No comments: