Monday, May 04, 2009

Amtrak

I love riding trains and was happy that my son sent my husband and I Amtrak tickets to visit Seattle for Mothers day and Fathers day. We had such a nice time. The seats are comfortable and if you sit on the water side, you see Puget Sound out your window around Tacoma and Olympia up to Seattle. It's gorgeous.

All staff on the train are courteous and respectful.

I've always loved trains. I remember when I was 4 or 5 years old, my Dad drove my me and my mom to Troy so we could ride the train to Libby--where I lived until the end of the 3rd grade. It was so much fun.

I picked up the 2009/2010 Amtrak Vacation Guide and the Amtrak System Timetable at the Albany Train Station. There are some amazing affordable vacations for families all over this country. You don't have to drive or spend the gas. You can sit back and enjoy the scenery this great country has to offer out the expansive windows. A trip to the Amtrak Cascades Car will delight anyone who's hungry. There are specialty sandwiches, salads, soups, drinks, and entrees that are delicious. I overheard two young students who were surprised and happy with the variety on the menu with all the great choices from Ivar's famous clam chowder to turkey sandwiches made with focaccia.

I had a great time. It's so much easier than dealing with traffic and weather driving up to Seattle. I can sit back and relax watching a great movie, read a book, or write. I sat across the isle from an attorney who was sitting with a student. It's smart to travel by train if you regularly travel from Portland, Seattle, or Eugene to Seattle for business. I know it's sure fun to travel by train to visit family.

Thank you Ben and Amanda for the great gift and fun!

www.amtrak.com

No comments: