Friday, May 01, 2009

Mangoes

I had to look up in the dictionary to check on the plural of mangoes. In the New Oxford American Dictionary Second Edition, it says that either mangoes or mangos is okay. I wasn't sure so I always use a dictionary.

I had two mangoes for breakfast this morning that I bought at Safeway at 2 for $1.00. Great price and they were delicious. Mangoes after you peel them are slippery and there isn't much fruit on a mango but they are good for you and are a great breakfast treat. What else did I have for breakfast? A bran muffin from Safeway. I love the bran muffins from Safeway and I bought four to have for several days.

While I was playing canasta with my husband this morning and eating my mangoes, my husband commented about President Bush trading technology and computers for mangoes from India. He said this trade was like the Indians trading beans for Manhatten.

No comments: