Monday, May 04, 2009

Seattle Tilth

I went to the big edible plant sale in Seattle with my son, his wife, my husband, and my new granddaughter. It was raining and crowded. There was such an amazing choice of healthy plants. There were plenty of happy, smiling volunteers to help guide, inform, and help. They said you can volunteer anytime, even for a day during the year. It would be fun to volunteer to help but I don't live in Seattle. It's a wonderful opportunity for anyone in the Seattle area.

My daughter-in-law, Amanda brought home many beautiful, healthy herbs and vegetable plants. My son, Benjamin lives within walking distance to where the sale is located so next year, they can bring a wagon like many who came.

Seattle Tilth teaches peace through gardening. They have a garden hot line to answer questions and provide materials. Call them at 206-633-0224 or e-mail help@gardenhotline.org. They have great classes for adults on how to grow your own food or raise chickens. The focus is on organic gardening and the urban environment. Such a deal for anyone in the Seattle area. On the front of their brochure, it says "cultivating a sustainable city, one garden at a time."

www.seattletilth.org

No comments: