Monday, May 04, 2009

Green Lake

I love walking around Green Lake in Seattle. It's near my son's home. I never made it all the way around over the weekend. The first time I tried, I went out by myself and went one third of the way and it started to pour so I turned back. The next day, we all went out to see the turtles sitting on the log and went back because we weren't sure Les, my husband, could walk very far. It's amazing that my husband was well enough to walk that far and later to Wallingford for a cupcake.

The beauty surrounding Green Lake is spectacular and unequaled. I do not personally know of any walking trail that is nicer in any community. I wish I lived close so I could walk around Green Lake every day. I'd like to live right across the street. It's just beautiful and everyone who comes there is blessed to have this opportunity to exercise there.

Communities should be set up so you can walk to everything that's important to you--walk to exercise, shopping, restaurants, a library, and everything that you need so you don't have to drive except for special trips.

No comments: